We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I just did a search in Google. I typed in “How to grow on Instagram”. Guess what I found out? There are a lot of people out there willing to take your money in exchange for fake followers. Should you purchase followers for quick growth? Is there ever a time when this would be beneficial? How can I grow my following? It seems like my growth has been slower than molasses. What’s the point if I’m not gaining traction? Be sure to join my 5-Day Instagram™ Growth Challenge starting Monday, March 8, inside my Authentic Instagram Facebook group! (Search on Facebook or click link below to join.)
Let me share with you my 7 tips to growing followers in 2021! (Click below for shownotes)
Join the Growth Challenge here! (See below.)
7 Tips to Growing Followers in 2021
1. Consider the long game. What is your end goal? Get clear on that (and stay consistent)!
2. Stop copying what everyone else does (What makes you different and how can you present yourself in a new and fresh way?) Don’t add to the noise – deliver value. This is so important in learning to grow followers!
3. Get a scheduler and get consistent
4. Develop a community of like like-minded people
Don’t Wait for Them to Come to You!
Grow followers by finding them and see where they hang out – study hashtags and scroll through hashtag hubs to find your target followers – seek the ones with public accounts who seem authentic and have fewer than 500 followers!
5. Find one thought leader and follow their methods.
Develop community! But don’t stay in your same circle… Branch out!
6. I’m going to give you a piece of advice here: When you see an ad for “Organic and affordable follower growth for X amount of dollars”, RUN THE OTHER WAY!!! If you see an ad that says, “How to grow on Instagram FAST”, don’t just run, SPRINT! You see, you don’t just want any followers – you want REAL followers.
Why You Don’t Need Fake Followers on Instagram
a.) Fake followers hurt engagement
b.) They unfollow or never comment
c.) Fake followers don’t care about you, they care about themselves!
Which brings me to my last point,
7. join my Authentic Instagram Engagement Facebook group where you’ll find a community of authentic, long-game sisters who also want to grow followers organically and authentically!
Stop getting lost in the weeds and focusing on the wrong things! Tiny details like redoing your graphics, mimicking others, participating in share threads week after week, getting bogged down in the tech.
In it for the Long Haul
For those of you who don’t like hearing or don’t want to hear that follower growth is a long game, I invite you to bow out. If you want fast growth and you want to pick up lots of followers who don’t want your message, and you’re looking for vanity metrics, go follow someone else. My message is for the authentic person who genuinely cares about her followers and wants to help others while growing her platform for her book or business.
You want genuine results, engage followers, a sense of community, and you want to be a thought leader. I can teach you how, but the key is to be committed to listening and not following all the other voices out there who claim the next new gimmick or shiny plan. I am here for you, committed to your growth, and will even help you strategize your account if you’re interested in marketing strategy!